Welcome to the City of Medicine Academy
Class of 2013
Have a Safe and Relaxing Summer.
Please check the 2013-14 calendar below for important school dates.
About the Academy
The City of Medicine Academy is designed for highly motivated Durham high school students who are ready to undertake serious academic work and career-related internships. We provide a four-year health career curriculum for students interested in pursuing health care careers. It is expected that these students will be able to enter college with advanced credits and earn industry standard certification.
Students graduating from City of Medicine Academy will be able to:
- Make health career decisions suited to their individual needs, aptitudes, abilities and career objectives.
- Develop a pre-professional and pre-technical foundation that supports advanced education and/or entry-level employment.
- Develop a foundation required for employment in a changing health care environment including:
- Analysis and problem solving
- Communications skills
- Professional behavior & ethics
- Science & Mathematics
- Technology applications
- Establish healthy lifestyle behaviors
2013-14 Official Calendar
Each school’s Report Card includes school contact information (principal's name, address, etc.); school and class/course sizes; student performance data (ABCs performance and disaggregated performance); school performance data (ABCs designations and federal No Child Left Behind designations); teacher qualifications and credentials; statistics on instructional resources (books and computers); and school safety figures. Spanish versions of the Report Card Snapshots and their supporting guides can be printed from the NC School Report Cards website.
Check us out on Schooltube
There are currently no images in this slideshow.